Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
Southwest Airlines always strives to facilitate its passengers with the best possible assistance concerning Southwest Airlines reservations and related requirements.On that account, we have mentioned here the detailed cancellation/refund policy so that passengers get to know the entire cancellation and refund process. The terms of the Southwest Airlines flight cancellation policy mentioned are flexible and have been made based on the aviation industry standard.
All the cancellations/ change requests involving Southwest Airlines Reservations must be made only according to pre-defined ways to our customer service representative. Additionally, we will take further processing of the cancellation requests based on the pre-defined criteria:
Southwest Airlines flight cancellation Policy for refundable Ticket-less flight reservations only:
Those passengers, whose outbound flight has not departed, can request for cancellation and refund in following ways.
- By visiting the website and canceling the existing Southwest Airlines reservations. Further, you need to submit the refund request.
- By calling directly on Southwest Airlines reservations number anytime around the clock.
- By dialing Southwest Airlines Customer service number
- By writing an email describing the concern.
Passengers whose outbound flight has been departed can request for the refund in the following ways:
- Request for a refund by calling directly on the Southwest Airlines reservations number, which is a dedicated helpline number of Reservations Department.
- By contacting the Southwest Airlines Customer Relations department via its dedicated contact number.
- Writing an email to Refunds Department
In case any passenger has already canceled their existing Southwest Airlines booking, by did not submit a refund request after cancellation, are required to submit their refund request by calling directly on Southwest Airlines reservations number, or contacting Refunds Department via its dedicated number.
Southwest Airlines flight cancellation policy for nonrefundable reservations within 24 hours of booking:
According to the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy, those passengers, who want to cancel their existing Southwest Airlines reservations by visiting the official website or by calling on the helpline number within 24 hours of booking; are eligible to get the refund back to the original form of payment or in the form of future credits.
Passengers, who have made the flight booking using a Southwest gift card or a Southwest LUV Voucher and further canceled it because of change in plan, are requested to contact the travel advisors via Southwest Airlines reservations number.
How to Cancel Southwest Airlines existing booking online?
The passengers can cancel their current booking either online or by calling directly on Southwest Airlines reservations number anytime around the clock. The passengers are only eligible for a refund if their case meets all the criteria of the Southwest Airlines flight cancellation policy. Here we have mentioned a small guide that will help you cancel your reservations effortlessly.
- Go to the website and log in using your valid credentials.
- Click on the “Flight” tab at the top of the homepage.
- Further, click on “Manage Reservations” link
- Click the “Cancel Reservation” link.
- Enter your confirmation number, first name, and last name.
- Preview your flight information.
- Further, go to the “Travel Funds” section at the bottom
- Check on “Request the refund of the refundable balance.”
The total procedure of refund might take 60-90 days from placing a cancellation request to receiving credit in your account